Hello lovelies! I’ve been a terrible blogger as of late, I know. I’ve just been so busy and tired all the time, plus I’ve not been reading too much. Saying that, I did finish Passenger by Alexandra Bracken the other day and I will definitely be doing a review of that sometime in the near future 🙂
Anyway, back to today’s post. I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Brontë’s Page Turners and I’m super excited about it because the question’s I’ve been given are totally bomb!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note: the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for your nominee bloggers to answer (if you want to).
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) or list these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here).
Questions from Brontë’s Page Turners
1. To paraphrase the poet Ronan Keating – Is Life A Rollercoaster, and Must We Ride It?
Well, obviously life isn’t literally a rollercoaster (that could be problematic) but life is unpredictable, exhilarating, surprising and a crazy adventure or journey. So, I’m inclined to say yes on the metaphorical rollercoaster front. Technically though, we don’t need to ride said rollercoaster if we don’t want to because most people are free to do what they want with their own life… but to experience everything possible with an open heart and mind, being prepared for anything and everything, is probably the best way to tackle it.
Yes internet, I did just turn into a marginally horrific psychologist for 539 characters.
2. What made you start blogging?
To be honest, I had been toying with the idea of making a BookTube channel for a few years before starting this blog but I just never got around to it. There was always something ridiculously minute standing in the way. But over the Christmas holidays of 2015 I, rather spontaneously, decided that I wanted to share my opinions on the books I love with a lovely and supportive community… so I just did it. I originally made a Blogger blog before switching over to WordPress in late February (I think??). And I’ve completely fallen in love with blogging since I started and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is thinking about trying it out 🙂
3. Did you take photos of your book case as a 9 year-old (see featured photo), or were you quite a reasonably-adjusted child?
Sigh. I’m ashamed of nine year Shannon because she didn’t read unless she had to for school. I know right, AWFUL. But that was my life until I was about ten, when a teacher pretty much forced me into reading Tom’s Sausage Lion (or The Butterfly Lion, I forget) by Michael Morpurgo and I became hooked on reading. I don’t often say this, but HALLELUJAH for teachers.
4. I buy most of my books from charity shops. Does this make me a fiend for not more fully supporting independent bookshops, or am I just one of Thatcher’s children, always chasing the cheapest price?
You are not a fiend at all because you’re helping people by supporting that charity. I actually volunteer at a charity shop twice a week and they have a ridiculous amount of books on the shelves (I may or may not start reading some of them during my shifts…). But yeah, if anything, I’m the fiend because I buy all my books from Waterstones or Amazon, oops.
5. Television Book Clubs (eg. Richard and Judy’s in the UK, Oprah’s in the US, and any others elsewhere around the world that I am not cosmopolitan enough to be aware of): a good or bad thing? (Respondees must try not to be swayed by the boyish good looks of Richard Madeley.)
Anything that gets people reading is ALWAYS a good thing. I don’t care who it is or why they’re doing it, as long as they’re convincing people to read and helping them fall in love with characters and worlds and just generally appreciating words as much as I do.
6. Have you ever inherited any books from a relative and, if so, did you come across interesting finds?
Although I’m a raging book worm, literally none of my family members buy me books for birthdays or christmas or whatever. For that reason I don’t really have an answer to this question. One cool thing, technically book related, that my mum found in some boxes in our attic is a heap of my grandad’s old diaries and they’re lovely to read. Some of them even date back to the 50s!
***Brontë’s Page Turners only provided me with six questions so I’m going to pinch a few given to her by Notable Pad because why not 🙂 So here is my five
7. Name an inspirational figure in your life- can be anyone (even fictional characters).
My answer for this question is actually a little bit controversial… and also a politician. But Shannon, don’t politicians lie to us a lot and can, at times, be very morally imbalanced? Well sure, but I’m naming one for this answer anyway.
So, if you don’t already know, I’m from Scotland and our First Minister is a woman named Nicola Sturgeon (the lovely lady in the photo above). As with everything, many people have their opinions of Nicola and that’s fine, but mine is that she is a strong, smart, progressive and passionate woman – all things I strive to be. If you haven’t heard of Nicola then I definitely suggest you look her up because, as I’ve said, she is one hell of a woman (and a complete force to be reckoned with).
8. Would you rather be beautiful with the memory of a fish OR intelligent and cursed with a face like Gollum?
I’m not going to lie about it, I’m sure we all wish that we were Gigi-Hadid-gorgeous and absolutely flawless at times but nobody is. And, to be honest, beautify is subjective (I’m sure there are some people out there who find Gollum cute, I don’t judge). For these reasons I’m definitely all about the brains – just imagine how much more you can do with all that knowledge, over looks…
plus if you’re super intelligent then it’s more likely that you will get a super fantastic job and become hella rich $£$£$£$£
9. What is your biggest fear?
This might sound like such an irrational fear to some of you but I cannot stand silences. When I’m on my own I’m totally fine, there’s just something about being in a room full of people and no one making any noise that cranks my anxiety levels up 10000000000000. It was especially bad in high school when I had to do class tests because everyone was so close together and ah, I’m getting shivers just thinking about it.
10. If you could have any superpower, what would that be and why?
Again, this is a bit random but I think I might have already mentioned this at some point on my blog. If I could have any super power then I’d definitely want the ability to freeze time. Haven’t done your essay which is due for submission in thirty seconds? No bother, just freeze time for like seven hours and get it done. Want some extra hours in bed before you need to go tend to your responsibilities? No bother, just snap your fingers and freeze time. Sorted.
Can you tell I’m a major procrastinator??
11. A Genie appears and grants you 3 wishes! What would you ask for?
- I wish I had a photographic memory (because damn, I can’t even remember what I had for dinner last night).
- I wish I was rich… or going to become wealthy because of career success.
- And uhm… I wish for world peace
or not to look like Gollum AHA✌☮
Eleven Facts About Me
- I like books (aha).
- I’m currently learning the French language.
- I pretty much hated high school #basic
- I left school a year early and went straight to university (yolo).
- I get to study abroad next year and would like to go to, either; France, Australia or the USA.
- I fall in love with fictional characters or celebrities or whoever so fast… like seriously. After Toby Regbo’s first line on Reign I was like “omggggggg I love Francis sooooooo much, hold on while I make him my screensaver”.
- One wall in my bedroom is full of quotes I’ve taken from books I’ve read.
- I have an irrational love (obsession) for all things Shadowhunter related.
- You think I’m kidding??? I own 29 physical copies of Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhunter books so far. Plus necklaces, tarot cards and other memorabilia. Oh, and I’ve booked an appointment to get the fearless rune tattooed on my wrist next month. Woooo, Shadowhunters!
- I’m very emotional when it comes to fictional universes… I pretty much cry at all books, movies, tv shows… yeah, I’m a blubbering mess.
- I’ve wanted a job at Waterstones for literally YEARS (gotta get that employee discount on all the books I buy). You think I’m joking, again???? I even begged them for a job via Twitter last year hahaha smh.
These are just a few random people I chose from the bloggers I follow and who follow me (sorry if you’ve been nominated before!). If you’ve not been tagged, feel free to just take part in this award anyway 🙂
- Lila @ The Bookkeeper’s Secrets
- May @ Sunsets and Bookfests
- Jessica @ A Court of Books
- Avada Kedavra @ Bookish Muggle
- Abby @ Books and All Spooks
- What was the first book you read?
- What’s your favourite book to movie/TV adaptation?
- What’s your least favourite book to movie/TV adaptation?
- What’s your favourite quote of all time?? (from a book or elsewhere).
- What do you want to do when you’re out of full time education (or what is your job if you’re already at that stage in your life?).
- What career path did you want to follow when you were younger, say ten years old?
- What’s your favourite celebrity and why? (or someone who inspires you).
- Why is your best friend, your best friend?
- Do you watch Game of Thrones? If so… OMG HOW EXCITING IS THIS NEW SEASON?!?!?!??!??!
- If you could be another person for a day, who would it be? (fictional, real, dead or alive).
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
As I’ve already said, sorry I’ve not been post much, pls dnt h8 meh. Anyway, I need to stop typing now because it’s two am and I’m working at nine tomorrow :(((((